Our sharing parish is St. Malachy + Precious Blood on the west side of Chicago.
The Archdiocese began pairing parishes to further communication and Christian brotherhood 30 years ago. We are paired with St. Malachy + Precious Blood parish, 2248 West Washington Boulevard. We supply donations to them of both food and money throughout the year, gather coats through the Annual Coat Drive, and provide needy families with Christmas gifts through the Giving Tree.
St. Malachy, built in 1882, is one of the oldest Black parishes in the city. Precious Blood, founded in 1907, has been home to a large population of both African American and Mexican parishioners. In 2012 the two parishes were combined. They continue to serve the diverse needs of their parishioners, through their school and religious education program, with masses in English and Spanish, and a special Sunday Mass at 1:30 PM for the Ghanaian Community. Father Matt Eyerman is the pastor.
CLICK HERE for more information on their website.