St. Celestine Adult Choir Returns
Our first Adult Choir practice for St. Celestine will be on Wednesday, September 20 in the Music Room at 7 PM. We sing at two Masses a month. We love to see you but understand that things come up and it’s not always easy to come every Wednesday and Sunday. We call it the Come When You Can Method.
DO YOU LIKE TO SING? HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT JOINING THE PARISH CHOIR?
- REHEARSALS – Come, join your fellow singers! Rehearsals are once a week on Wednesday evenings starting at 7 PM – No experience needed – just a joyful heart!
- POSITIONS OPEN – Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass – no others need apply.
- PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS – Must be able to carry light musical notes part way across church. Must have sufficient vision to see the director twenty feet away.
- EXPERIENCE – No application accepted from persons who have not sung, hummed or whistled in the tub or shower.
- WAGES – Satisfaction and joy in God’s service.
- FRINGE BENEFITS – Social Security – we promise you the security of social fellowship with other members of the choir.
- HOURS – Sunday mornings with occasional opportunities (at above mentioned wages).
- VACATION – Missed rehearsals and church services are primarily a matter of conscience and ability to return the glares and pointed remarks of the director and other choir members.
- RETIREMENT – No particular age, but it is generally determined by prayer, printed notes getting too small, notes too high, church too hot (or cold), or organist unable to play the notes you sing.
- REHEARSALS – Once a week except in the summer.
- APPLY – By attending the next rehearsal.
Hope to see you on September 13!
Craig Kamptner – Music Director