Our purpose for the St. Mother Theodore Guerin Religious Education Program is to help our students build their connections to God through prayer, incorporate God into their everyday lives, and recognize opportunities to enhance their relationship with God. The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Children’s Faith Formation Program welcomes children to learn about Jesus, the Catholic faith and prepare for the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Communion and Confirmation.
We offer Religious Education to Students in Grades 1-8 who during the week attend a public or home school setting. We feel that with your child’s family experience, the classroom experience, and participation in the St. Mother Theodore Guerin faith community, your child’s faith will develop and grow.
ATTENTION – CLASSES 2020-2021 – During this difficult time of pandemic in our world, the Archdiocese of Chicago has advised and approved for parish Religious Education programs to offer in-person classes once a month and programs should wait until October to begin.
Therefore, effective with the 2020-2021 Religious Education school year, classes will be held on Saturdays once a month at St. Celestine Church, Elmwood Park. Grades 1-8 will be offered and each monthly class session will be from 9:30 to 11:00 AM. WE WILL NOT OFFER RE CLASSES FOR KINDERGARTEN THIS YEAR 2020-2021. Please note the shorter class time this year. Our first class will be Saturday, October 17, 2020. Online registration for the Religious Education program is now available – SEE BELOW!
The schedule of in-person classes 2020-2021 is as follows: October 17, November 21, December 19, January 16, February 13, March 13 and April 17.
Home / remote Religious Education will take place on the weeks we do not have in-person class. Each student will be provided a book, Finding God, Loyola Press. Chapters worksheets will be given to the students to complete for the next month’s session. Also, there are short online chapter quizzes that the students will be asked to complete. We will provide parents with Study Guides for each chapter so you can review the concepts with your child. Additional information will be provided when the program begins.
St. Celestine Church is in adherence with the safety guidelines required by the Archdiocese of Chicago and the State of Illinois. The Archdiocese is also providing the Religious Education Departments in all parishes with guidelines regarding the students’ safety and curriculum. Temperature checks, wearing masks and maintaining social distance will be done.
Please note that if your child has not yet received the sacrament of Holy Communion and is in second grade or higher, they will need to be in the program two years before being invited to participate in that sacrament.
The tuition for the Year 2020-2021 is as follows:
- $185 – Tuition for 1 child per family plus $25 Registration fee = $210
- $290 – Tuition for 2 children per family plus $25 Registration fee per child = $340
- $395 – Tuition for 3 children + per family plus $25 Registration fee per child = $470
- The Registration fee of $25 must be paid at the time of Registration and covers the cost of books and additional resource materials.
- Tuition may be paid in full upon Registration ($25 due) or in two installments with the 1st Semester due October 17, 2020 ($95 – 1 child, $145 – 2 children, $200 – 3 children) and the 2nd Semester due January 16, 2021 ($90 – 1 child, $145 – 2 children, $195 – 3 children)
We encourage all the families to register their children ONLINE to reserve and email the forms immediately to our Religious Education Office. If payment via check is preferred, families are asked to open and print the Online RE Registration Receipt at the end of the online registration process and mail the receipt with check payment. We are also giving Online Payment Options via GiveCentral at the end of the process. If a family prefers to fill out the forms manually, please print a pdf copy of the RE Registration Forms below or get a copy at the St. Celestine Pastoral Center or St. Cyprian Rectory. Also, if you have a child who is new to the program, please complete the New Student Registration form included.
Registration Forms 2020-2021
If you have any questions about our program please contact:
- Ruthanne Swiatkowski, Director of Religious Education by phone at 708-453-2555 ext. 17 or firstname.lastname@example.org – St. Celestine Pastoral Center – 3020 N. 76th Court in Elmwood Park, IL 60707
- Mary Morvay, Coordinator of Religious Education by phone 708-453-5719 or email@example.com – St. Cyprian Rectory – 2601 Clinton in River Grove, IL 60171
We look forward to working with your child and blessings to your family!