Pray to Protect Human Life – January 19-27
9 Days for Life is a Novena for the Protection of Human Life – Each day’s intention is accompanied by a short reflection and suggested actions to help build a culture of life.
We will pray the Novena during each Mass, at both worship sites, during these days, using the following prayer: God of life and love, you created us in your image and sent you Son to bring his life. Instill in us a respect for all life, from conception to natural death. Empower us to work for justice for the poor. Inspire us to cherish the fragile life of the unborn. Strengthen us to bring comfort to the chronically ill. Teach us to treat the aging with dignity and respect. Bring us one day to the glory of everlasting life. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
CLICK HERE to find more information and resources.
About Our Respect Life Committee
The Respect Life Committee invites persons who are willing to help organize programs that continue to respect life from conception to natural death. We usually meet on the third Monday of each month at 7 PM from September through July. We alternate meetings between the two churches – NEXT MEETING ON FEBRUARY 21 AT 7 PM AT ST. CELESTINE PASTORAL CENTER
You can also join us virtually via zoom:
- Topic – St. MTG Respect Life
- Time – February 21, 2022 – 7:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting – CLICK HERE
- Meeting ID – 719 6260 6385
- Passcode – 0YFfu9
The Committee is a great way to spread the Gospel of Life in the parish and community. We provide a number of volunteer opportunities throughout the year and raise awareness about issues from abortion to euthanasia to opioid addiction and domestic violence. Please join us!
The purpose of this committee is to promote activities and articles to help understand issues dealing with respecting life. We encourage all in the parish to understand and practice the following: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Among our activities:
- The living rosary in church in October and January with each bead represented by a person.
- Rosary services in the chapel with respect life themes.
- Baby showers.
- Socks for the Night Ministry.
- Letters to the President for pro-life causes.
- A pro-life intercession in the bulletin each week.
- Pamphlets relating to pro-life topics in the church vestibules.
- Money for the Women’s Center with our baby bottle coin project. The Women’s Centers are committed to saving babies from death by abortion and their mothers from a lifetime of regret. They help women get to a place of self respect, support, confidence, and forgiveness.
If you are interested or would like more information please contact Paul Fairbanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Committee Members
The Respect Life Committee needs new members. We are looking for compassionate people who care about the fate of others. Does this describe you? We do things like baby bottle drives to help raise funds for new mothers who cannot help their babies as much as they’d like on their own. We watch movies about sensitive subjects like suicide, abortion, and other right to life subjects. We discuss them and see if we can relate them to our parish members. We sponsor the Blue Mass and raffle quilts to raise funds for groups who need our help. Can you see yourself being a part of this? If so, please contact Paul Fairbanks at email@example.com.
Last Two Monthly Respect Life Agendas
Respect Life Resources
- St. Joseph – Faithful Protector of Mother and Child – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- Another Look At Abortion – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- The Gospel of Life – A Brief Summary – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- 10 Ways to Support Her when She is Unexpectedly Expecting – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- He Made His Dwelling Among Us – The Annunciation and the Gospel of Life – pdf Document
- Children as Commodities? – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- Poverty and Abortion: A Vicious Cycle – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- An Adotion Love Story – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- Death Penalty: Catholic Q & A – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- A Perfect Gift – pdf Document
- Bridges of Mercy for Healing after Abortion – pdf Document
- Another Look at Contraception – pdf Document
- Killing the Pain, not the Patient: Palliative Care vs. Assisted Suicide – pdf Document
- Caring for Loved Ones at Life’s End – pdf Document