Baby Bottle Project – October 3-24
Beginning October 3, our parish will be participating in The Baby Bottle Project benefiting The Women’s Centers of Greater Chicagoland. Please take a Baby Bottle home with you from the church on October 3, fill it with your spare change, and return it the weekend of October 24 – CLICK HERE for more information
Respect Life Rosary – October 20
October is Respect Life Month and also the Month of the Rosary. Our Respect Life Ministry is having a special Rosary Prayer Evening on Wednesday, October 20 at 7 PM in the Chapel at St. Celestine Church. Enter off of 76th Court.
Please join us – Everyone is welcome!
About Our Respect Life Committee
The Respect Life Committee invites persons who are willing to help organize programs that continue to respect life from conception to natural death. We usually meet on the third Monday of each month at 7 PM from September through July. We alternate meetings between the two churches – NEXT MEETING ON OCTOBER 18 AT 7 PM AT ST. CELESTINE PASTORAL CENTER
You can also join us virtually via zoom:
- Topic – St. MTG Respect Life
- Time – October 18, 2021 – 7:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting – CLICK HERE
- Meeting ID – 719 6260 6385
- Passcode – 0YFfu9
The Committee is a great way to spread the Gospel of Life in the parish and community. We provide a number of volunteer opportunities throughout the year and raise awareness about issues from abortion to euthanasia to opioid addiction and domestic violence. Please join us!
The purpose of this committee is to promote activities and articles to help understand issues dealing with respecting life. We encourage all in the parish to understand and practice the following: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Among our activities:
- The living rosary in church in October and January with each bead represented by a person.
- Rosary services in the chapel with respect life themes.
- Baby showers.
- Socks for the Night Ministry.
- Letters to the President for pro-life causes.
- A pro-life intercession in the bulletin each week.
- Pamphlets relating to pro-life topics in the church vestibules.
- Money for the Women’s Center with our baby bottle coin project. The Women’s Centers are committed to saving babies from death by abortion and their mothers from a lifetime of regret. They help women get to a place of self respect, support, confidence, and forgiveness.
If you are interested or would like more information please contact Paul Fairbanks at email@example.com.
Last Two Monthly Respect Life Agendas
Respect Life Resources
- St. Joseph – Faithful Protector of Mother and Child – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- Another Look At Abortion – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- The Gospel of Life – A Brief Summary – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- 10 Ways to Support Her when She is Unexpectedly Expecting – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- He Made His Dwelling Among Us – The Annunciation and the Gospel of Life – pdf Document
- Children as Commodities? – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- Poverty and Abortion: A Vicious Cycle – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- An Adotion Love Story – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- Death Penalty: Catholic Q & A – USCCB Article – pdf Document
- A Perfect Gift – pdf Document
- Bridges of Mercy for Healing after Abortion – pdf Document
- Another Look at Contraception – pdf Document
- Killing the Pain, not the Patient: Palliative Care vs. Assisted Suicide – pdf Document
- Caring for Loved Ones at Life’s End – pdf Document