The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Women’s Club is an energetic organization for women, ages 18 and older, that offers social, spiritual, and service opportunities. It is our mission to support each other as Catholic women and develop spiritually and socially through service to others.
Spiritual… Perhaps you are seeking ways to enrich your spiritual life and to share meaningful and enlightening experiences with other women. We will plan retreats, prayer opportunities, and other activities of interest to fulfill this need. Give yourself the gift of spiritual growth.
Service… Have you been looking for a way to “give back,” to help at church or in the larger community? We will have opportunities for you to reach out and help others that will align with your area of interest. Some activities may involve raising funds for the parish or sponsoring coat drives, rose sales, or other ways to help those in need. Give yourself the gift of giving hope and joy to others.
Social… Are you looking for a night out with some friends or ways of making some new ones? The Women’s Club will provide social events giving you opportunities to relax and enjoy the company of other women. A few fun ideas may include movie night, wine tasting, or luncheons and theatre. So go ahead, give yourself the gift of relaxation and laughter; you deserve it.
Membership dues are $20 a year.
Please contact the SMTG Pastoral Center at 708-453-2555 if you need more information.
Upcoming Women’s Club Events – Year 2022-2023
- Thursday, September 22 – Pizza, Pop and Planning Meeting at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Annex
- Sunday, August 14 – “Meeting, Greeting and Dice Rolling!” at 1 PM in the lower level conference area in St. Cyprian Rectory – SEE PICTURES
- October 15-16 and 22-23 – SMTG Parish Coat Drive after Masses at the back of the churches or vestibules – Gently used or new coats, hats, scarves and mittens for men, women and children.
- Thursday, October 27 – Halloween Meeting at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Annex – SEE PICTURES
- November 7-30 – Collection of wrapping paper, rolls of tape, gift tags, rolls of ribbon, bows, tissue paper, and gift boxes and bags for Sarah’s Inn.
- Thursday, November 17 – Thanksgiving Meeting and Thanksgiving Centerpiece Presentation at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Annex – SEE PICTURES
- Sunday, November 20 – Prayer Service at 2 PM at St. Cyprian Church – Honoring, Remembering and Celebrating – SEE PICTURES
- Thursday, December 15 – Annual Women’s Club Christmas Party at 6:30 PM at St. Celestine Gym – MORE INFORMATION
Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship
An important “new” addition for the Women’s Club, is the development of the Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship. This monetary award is presented to an eighth grade young lady graduating from St. Celestine and continuing her education at a Catholic High School. This student is selected by the junior high teachers of St. Celestine School. The student should take her education and religion seriously, come from a family actively involved in our parish and the student should be committed to school, church and her community.
2022-2023 Officers & Committee Members
- President – Darlene Hrankaj
- Vice-President – Beverly Parylak
- Treasurer – Corie Williams
- Secretary – Taylor French
- Publicity – Mary Krewer
We are those valiant women,
giving leadership in our homes;
contributing to our community,
working for change at all levels of society,
crying for justice and mercy,
living the Gospel,
practicing our faith,
remaining true to the Word.
Adaptation of “Valiant Women” by Cathy O’Keefe,
graduate of Mercy High School, Baltimore, Maryland.