The St. Mother Theodore Guerin Women’s Club is an energetic organization for women, ages 18 and older, that offers social, spiritual, and service opportunities. It is our mission to support each other as Catholic women and develop spiritually and socially through service to others.
Spiritual… Perhaps you are seeking ways to enrich your spiritual life and to share meaningful and enlightening experiences with other women. We will plan retreats, prayer opportunities, and other activities of interest to fulfill this need. Give yourself the gift of spiritual growth.
Service… Have you been looking for a way to “give back,” to help at church or in the larger community? We will have opportunities for you to reach out and help others that will align with your area of interest. Some activities may involve raising funds for the parish or sponsoring coat drives, rose sales, or other ways to help those in need. Give yourself the gift of giving hope and joy to others.
Social… Are you looking for a night out with some friends or ways of making some new ones? The Women’s Club will provide social events giving you opportunities to relax and enjoy the company of other women. A few fun ideas may include movie night, wine tasting, or luncheons and theatre. So go ahead, give yourself the gift of relaxation and laughter; you deserve it.
Membership dues are $20 a year.
Please contact the SMTG Pastoral Center at 708-453-2555 if you need more information.
Upcoming Women’s Club Events – Year 2021-2022
- Thursday, September 23 – Meeting at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex with Father Moises Navarro, our Associate Pastor, as our Special Guest Speaker – SEE PICTURES
- October 9-17 – Coat Drive of gently used or new coats, hats, scarves and mittens for men, women, and children.
- Thursday, October 21 – Halloween Gathering at 7 PM at St. Celestine Annex – Best Decorated Face Mask / Face Shield Contest, Halloween Trivia and Bingo – MORE INFORMATION
Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship
An important “new” addition for the Women’s Club, is the development of the Nancy Corpolongo Scholarship. This monetary award is presented to an eighth grade young lady graduating from St. Celestine and continuing her education at a Catholic High School. This student is selected by the junior high teachers of St. Celestine School. The student should take her education and religion seriously, come from a family actively involved in our parish and the student should be committed to school, church and her community.
2020-2021 Officers & Committee Members
- President – Laura M. Tovar
- Vice-President – Beverly Parylak
- Treasurer – Taylor French
- Secretary – Darlene Hrankaj
- Publicity – Mary Krewer
- Sunshine Lady – Jamie Birmingham
- Hospitality – Polly Grimes, Barbara Heatley and Lynn Loftus
Board of Directors Meeting Dates at 7 PM
- July 20, 2021 – Virtual Meeting – Teams
- August 19, 2021 – St. Cyprian Rectory
- September 16, 2021 – Virtual Meeting – Zoom
- October 14, 2021 – St. Cyprian Rectory
- November 10, 2021 – St. Cyprian Rectory
We are those valiant women,
giving leadership in our homes;
contributing to our community,
working for change at all levels of society,
crying for justice and mercy,
living the Gospel,
practicing our faith,
remaining true to the Word.
Adaptation of “Valiant Women” by Cathy O’Keefe,
graduate of Mercy High School, Baltimore, Maryland.